Professor Charles Claoué
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
QualificationsM.A(Cantab), MD, DO, FEBO, MAE, FRCS (Eng), FRCOphth
- Cataract and advanced cataract surgery including including toric and multifocal lens (IOLs)
- Refractive surgery including LASIK and PTK and surgery for presbyopia
- Intraocular lenses (IOLs) for age-related macular degeneration (ARMD)
- Viral eye disease
- Corneal surgery
- Corneal Disease
- Corneal Transplantation
- Small-incision cataract surgery
- External eye disease
- Dry eye
- Blindness and partial sight especially in children
- Presbyopia surgery
Training and Background
Professor Charles Claoué is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Nuffield Health The Holly Hospital.
After graduating from the University of Cambridge, Professor Claoué was a Wellcome Trust Research Fellow at Bristol Eye Hospital and later trained Moorfields Eye Hospital where he undertook two fellowships. He was awarded the Kritzinger Safari Memorial Medal Lecturer Prize in 2003.
Professor Claoué is an Honorary Clinical Lecturer at QMC University of London, and has other formal academic links. He travels all over the world to deliver lectures on advanced IOL technology. He has also produced over 80 publications on medicine and ophthalmology.
He has a broad skill base and extensive experience in all areas of eye disease and has made many contributions to the quality and progression of ophthalmology in this country and abroad. He is a member of the prestigious International Intraocular Implant Society, and a Council Member of the United Kingdom & Ireland Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (UKISCRS).
Professor Claoué was awarded the International Academy for Advances in Ophthalmology Distinguished Services to Ophthalmology Gold Medal 2010.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Charles Claoué at Nuffield Health:
- Dry eye
- Second opinions
- Refractive surgery
- European Society of Caratact and Refractive Surgeons
- American Society of Caratact and Refractive Surgeons
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Caratact and Refractive Surgeons
- British Society of Refractive Surgery
- Academy of Experts
- Founding Vice-President, Vice-President Elect, International Society of Bilateral Cataract Surgeons (iSBCS)
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc