The Holly Private Hospital delighted to resume clinical services for all patients
Since March 2020, The Holly Private Hospital has been fully focussed on supporting the NHS in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic:
- providing life-saving ventilators and anaesthetic equipment to our local NHS hospitals and Trusts
- giving our full capacity and staffing to deliver NHS work
- providing volunteers to work in Nightingale Hospital
- delivering time-critical and urgent operations for NHS patients who needed surgery.
Clinical services now available to all patients
We are still working to support the NHS at this time but are delighted that we can now provide services to self-funding patients also.
This means that as well as looking after NHS patients, we can now offer outpatient consultations and elective surgery for both self-paying patients and those with private medical insurance. Virtual consultations are also available for those patients who prefer to speak to their doctor online or via a telephone call.
Keeping patients safe
The recent coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic has meant that many hospital services were stopped. While it is now possible for us to reopen services, we need to do this slowly and safely to keep all our patients and staff safe. Accordingly, we have made some changes to how we do things. This includes:
- how and where we provide care to our patients,
- what you will need to do before coming in to the hospital and
- what you can expect when you arrive.
Please read our leaflet: Coming into hospital for consultations, intervention and treatment to learn more about how we are working to keep you safe.
Watch the video below to find out about some of the additional measures you can expect at The Holly and all Aspen Healthcare facilities to keep you safe while in hospital.
If you have any questions or worries about coming into hospital, please don’t hesitate to contact our team who will be happy to help.