Learn about all our physiotherapy services at The Holly Private Hospital in Buckhurst Hill, Essex.
At your first physiotherapy session, your physiotherapist will spend time discussing your lifestyle, leisure activities, general health and any relevant medical history. They will then carry out a physical assessment to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for you and your individual condition.
The number of treatments you need will depend on your individual condition and how your body responds to treatment. But, at your first session, your physiotherapist will discuss and agree the treatment plan with you, including an approximate guide to the number of sessions that may be required.
Treatment will usually consist of one or more of the following:
- Mobilisation and manipulation – hands-on techniques that vary from very gentle touches and stretching to manipulation.
- Exercise therapy – this can range from simple stretches to a more comprehensive exercise programme designed to aid recovery and prevent injuries in the future.
- Shockwave or electrotherapy – such as ultrasound, interferential or pulsed short wave may be used to stimulate healing and reduce swelling.
- Biofeedback – is sometimes used to identify muscle imbalance which can be a cause of joint problems. It is also helpful in retraining muscle groups postoperatively.
- Preventative advice – providing advice and working with you on self-help measures such as appropriate exercise, posture correction and lifting techniques that can really help speed up recovery and prevent a reoccurrence of the problem. A physiotherapist is always available during opening hours to give advice.
We also offer a number of specialist services such as 3D gait analysis, Pilates and acupuncture which your physiotherapist may recommend alongside your treatment.
You do not have to be referred for physiotherapy (unless you wish to claim on your health insurance policy).
If you are interested in our physiotherapy services call us on 0208 936 1201 or go to click here to find out more about our self-pay pricing.