We offer a range of physiotherapy treatments at The Holly Private Hospital.
At your first physiotherapy session, your physiotherapist will spend time discussing your lifestyle, leisure activities, general health and any relevant medical history. They will then carry out a physical assessment to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for you and your individual condition.
The number of treatments you need will depend on your individual condition and how your body responds to treatment. But, at your first session, your physiotherapist will discuss and agree the treatment plan with you, including an approximate guide to the number of sessions that may be required.
Physiotherapy treatments at The Holly Private Hospital include:
- Acupuncture – offered as a treatment for a variety of injuries and conditions including
- Exercise therapy – this can range from simple stretches to a more comprehensive exercise programme designed to aid recovery and prevent injuries in the future
- Mobilisation and manipulation – hands-on techniques that vary from very gentle touches
and stretching to manipulation.
- Phototherapy – we provide ultraviolet light therapy for treating psoriasis, eczema and
other skin conditions. A referral is needed from a consultant dermatologist for this
- Physio for sports injuries/sports rehabilitation – we routinely treat chronic and overuse injuries, devising appropriate training methods and regimes to help you maintain your fitness and work with your injury rather than against it.
- Preventative advice – providing advice and working with you on self-help measures such
as appropriate exercise, posture correction and lifting techniques can really help speed
up recovery and prevent a re-occurrence of the problem. A physiotherapist is always
available during opening hours to give advice.
- Run 3D gait analysis
- Shockwave or electrotherapy – uses small electrical impulses to repair tissue, stimulate
muscles and increase sensations and muscle strength. Generally, injuries with swelling
will respond well to electrotherapy.
- Sports massage
- Stress incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction
- The Calm Choice – award-winning stress management courses