Physiotherapy for Sports Injuries
Physical activity plays an important role in our daily lives so when an injury occurs it is only natural to want to get back on our feet as quickly as possible.
As part of its range of services, we offer a specialist sports injuries clinic for immediate treatment of a wide range of exercise-related injuries. Sports injuries benefit from immediate treatment so that swelling and inflammation of soft tissues is minimised. The correct advice from the start ensures that no time is lost before rehabilitation begins. This means a quicker return to sport and less chance of re-injury.
Our specialist physiotherapists have post-graduate qualifications in treating sports injuries and work closely with the hospital’s specialist sports physicians and orthopaedic surgeons. The service is also supported by our Diagnostic Centre for MRI, CT scanning, ultrasound and x-ray.
Our sports injury clinic specialises in:
• same day assessment
• diagnostic tests
• routine treatment of chronic and overuse injuries
• treatment tailored to your individual needs
• shockwave therapy
• physiotherapist on-call during opening hours to give advice
• advise on appropriate training methods and regimes
• liaising with coaches/trainers where appropriate
• advice on nutrition and dietary support.