Benefits of physiotherapy
Our physiotherapists treat people of all ages with physical problems caused by illness, accident or ageing including:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain - identifying the cause of long-term pain with a one-off examination including a full assessment of spinal movements, joints and muscles.
- Upper limb conditions - including the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.
- Lower limb conditions - including the groin, hip, knee, ankle and foot.
- Sports injuries – this service is provided to treat acute sports injuries promptly, minimising pain and damage and returning you safely to sport as soon as possible.
- Post-operative rehabilitation – to aid recovery following orthopaedic and other surgical procedures such as a joint replacement or ligament reconstruction.
- Posture related problems – working at a computer unfortunately encourages poor posture. We provide practical advice and specialised stretching to help.
- Stress incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction – managed by a chartered physiotherapist and specialist incontinence nurse, we offer a variety of treatment options in a dedicated setting to assure confidentiality and privacy.
Everyone is different and we tailor our treatment to you using a combination of the latest treatment techniques, exercise and advice.