Hysteroscopy one-stop clinic
A new outpatient hysteroscopy service has been launched at The Holly Private Hospital enabling consultation, diagnosis and treatment for women within the same appointment.
What is a hysteroscopy?
A hysteroscopy procedure is performed to diagnose the causes of irregular vaginal bleeding which can affect women in their 40s and 50s as they enter, or, are in the menopause. The procedure involves examining the inside of the womb, using a telescope attached to a light source. If the assessment reveals a endometrial polyp, a harmless growth, it can be removed at the same time. The procedure can also diagnose other conditions requiring further treatment such as fibroids, and endometrial cancer which affects one per cent of pre-menopausal women.
- Ideal for diagnosing and treating any form of abnormal uterine bleeding disorders.
- You can be seen, treated and discharged in one visit.
- You can be assessed in just half an hour.
- No need for a general anaesthetic
- No need to stay overnight in hospital to recover, you can go home as soon as the procedure has finished.
- Reduced cost for self-pay patients.
With our brand new designated colposcopy room and consultant gynaecologists with the relevant experience, expertise and skills to lead the clinics, Holly House is uniquely poised to provide a diagnostic hysteroscopy service in the outpatient department. In fact we are the first private hospital in the area to offer this service.
You will need to be referred to see a Consultant Gynaecologist by a GP or other healthcare professional. Speak to your GP and ask them to refer you to The Holly Private Hospital.
Hysteroscopy one-stop clinic Consultants