Injectable fillers are a non-surgical treatment to ‘fill in’ or smooth out facial lines and wrinkles making it a popular treatment to help create a more youthful appearance. They are also effective for increasing fullness to narrow lips and enhancing sunken cheeks.
The areas best treated are:
- Forehead lines – horizontal frown lines
- Glabeller lines – vertical frown lines between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet or laughter lines – radiating away from the eyes
- Naso-labial lines – furrows running between mouth and nose
- Marionette lines – lines running down from the corners of the mouth
- Lips – by creating a fuller, more defined shape
- Facial scars – either from old injuries or acne scarring
- Cheeks – to add fullness especially following illness.
Injectable fillers are administered by way of a series of small injections, for which no anaesthetic is required. There are many ‘fillers’ available and the effects can be either temporary or permanent, depending on the type of filler. Your consultant will advise you on which type of injection is most suitable to meet your requirements. Treatment time varies between 30 minutes to an hour.
Treatment and recovery is quick. The area may be a little swollen and tender for a short while afterwards but you can usually resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.