Cancer symptom management
The symptoms of cancer vary greatly from one person to another. However you might experience feeling sick, pain, tiredness, anxiety and/or loss of appetite. Not everyone will have these symptoms, however.
Our experienced multidisciplinary team work closely with you to help you manage the symptoms associated with cancer and your treatment.
Our specialist cancer nurses will help you deal with cancer symptom management by:
- Carrying out a thorough assessment of your symptoms
- Working closely with your Consultant Oncologists to ensure they have accurate and up-to-date patient information
- Providing information on treatments
- Supporting you in managing the emotional, physical and psychological effects of your illness
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals in the hospital including pharmacists, dieticians, physiotherapists, pain management specialists, psychologists, and radiographers/radiologists
- Offering emotional support.
Our experienced and caring nursing team will help support you with all the symptoms of your cancer.