New One-Stop Pain Clinic launched
A new One-Stop Pain Clinic has been launched at Holly House Hospital enabling speedy assessment and pain relief for patients with acute or chronic pain. The new clinic offers fast accurate assessment, within 48 hours, of patients’ individual symptoms by a specialist physiotherapist, who will then provide pain relief and recommend a treatment pathway as appropriate.
The clinic is supported by a multi-disciplinary team of pain experts including Pain Management Consultants, physiotherapy specialists and our state-of-the-art Diagnostic Centre. The team offer a comprehensive range of treatment options covering the latest leading medical and interventional therapies including:
- Interventional techniques include epidural injections, nerve blocks, facet joint blocks, Transcutaneous Electrical Stimulation (TENS), and conventional (CRF) or pulsed(PRF) radiofrequency.
- Botox treatment for migraine.
- Advanced neuromodulation techniques including spinal cord stimulation and peripheral nerve stimulation.
- Physiotherapy, acupuncture and psychological therapy are also available to relieve pain and support treatment.
- A unique programme called The Calm Choice which teaches a holistic approach to pain management to assist you in managing your symptoms using research based proven techniques.
The clinic specialises in managing all forms of pain but conditions routinely treated include musculoskeletal pain, back and neck pain, sciatica, whiplash, fibromyalgia, migraine, oral-facial pain, abdominal pain and neuropathic pain. Patients do not need a referral from a doctor or healthcare professional to visit the clinic.
The One-Stop Pain Clinic is just one of a number of new services being introduced at Holly House as a result of the multi-million pound redevelopment which has seen the hospital double in size. The new facility includes a purpose-built outpatients department with 23 consulting rooms, pharmacy, Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic, and pathology lab as well as three new integrated theatres.
For more information or to book an appointment at the One-Stop Pain Clinic, please call 020 8936 1210.