Investors in People – The Holly achieves double accreditation including Gold award
The Holly is delighted to announce that it has achieved the prestigious Gold status accreditation by Investors in People (IIP), as well as a Silver award in the new Investing in Wellbeing accreditation.
The IIP Standard is the benchmark of good people management practice. Successful accreditation against the Standard is the sign of a great employer, an outperforming place to work and a clear commitment to sustained success.
Since our last assessment in 2018, we have improved our Investors in People rating from Silver to Gold, a standard which remains challenging and aspirational for many organisations. This represents a fantastic achievement for The Holly and demonstrates our continued commitment to invest, nurture and support our workforce.
David Henderson, Hospital Director at The Holly, said: “We’re absolutely delighted to achieve this accreditation and to improve our overall status from Silver to Gold, especially against the backdrop of a global pandemic. Receiving Gold accreditation is a wonderful accolade and one we are very proud of. Special thanks to all our staff for their contribution and support in enabling us to continue our IIP journey. While this is great news, we’re not getting complacent as there are always things we can do better, and we will be taking on board feedback to make The Holly an even better place to work.”
Only 17% of organisations accredited by IIP achieve Gold status.
In the IIP feedback report, The Holly received particular praise for:
- highly visible and supportive leaders and managers
- excellent handling of the Covid-19 pandemic including staff personal protection and wellbeing
- high levels of trust and empowerment in their roles.
- the strength of teamwork at the hospital and support staff feel from colleagues
- strong patient safety culture
- a no-blame culture with staff feeling confident to raise concerns and mistakes being treated as a learning opportunity
- the Aspen People Academy with people’s satisfaction increase around their relationships with their managers and discussions around performance.
In addition to the IIP Gold award, The Holly’s Health and Wellbeing Strategy achieved Silver in the Investing in Wellbeing accreditation, demonstrating our commitment to a highly empowered workforce and an embedded commitment to developing individuals.
The double accreditation for The Holly comes hot on the heels of the hospital’s Gold award at the 2021 UK Employee Experience Awards in the ‘Health and Wellbeing of Employees’ category, further cementing its place as an excellent place to work.
If you want to join the brilliant team at our award-winning hospital, take a look at our latest vacancies here. We’d be delighted to hear from you.