Important Patient Information: Duplicate Payment Charges 29 August 2018
The Holly Private Hospital regrets to inform patients that we have been made aware of a duplicate payment error.
First Data (our merchant acquirer providing point of sale and credit card processing services) has informed us that this issue affects all patients who visited the hospital and made debit or credit card payments on Wednesday 29th August 2018. First Data have confirmed that they have taken duplicate payments from patients on this date.
We would like to sincerely apologise to our patients for any inconvenience caused by this system error.
Please see below statement from First Data:
On Friday 31st August, we were made aware of a system error that has resulted in a number of our customers being incorrectly debited twice for the same transaction. We have been advised that a reversal has now been processed, which will refund transactions charged twice incorrectly. Which we understand will be completed by Tuesday 4th September. We sincerely apologise for the issue and the inconvenience caused, and we continue to work closely with all parties to resolve this issue swiftly.
We have spoken to First Data who have confirmed the following:
- This duplicate payment issue impacts any patients who visited the hospital on the 29th August and made a card payment.
- First Data have been working to refund all affected customers and all refunds should be released today.
- Refunds should start to show up in patients’ bank accounts from today but in some cases this may take longer (3-5 working days) and possibly up to 10 working days in special cases.
- First Data have confirmed that if any of our patients have been affected financially by this error, they will be liable to cover any charges occurred.
- If you are a patient and have incurred additional charges due to this system error, please send a copy of your bank or credit card statement showing proof that the transaction has been taken twice, along with proof of any additional charges that have been incurred. Please send this information to Carly Austin, Finance Manager at The Holly Private Hospital by emailing email@example.com We will liaise with First Data to help you claim back any additional charges.
If you are worried about this and wish to speak to anyone at the hospital please contact The Patient Accounts Team on 020 8505 3311 Ext 2521 or email HollyPatientAccounts@aspen-healthcare.co.uk