Diagnostic/Therapeutic Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
Estimated length of stay: Day case
The following are items included in our all-inclusive self-pay packages as appropriate
• Consultants’ fees for your stay in Hospital/Clinic (excluding the cost of the initial consultation with your Consultant)
• Accommodation in your chosen Hospital/Clinic including all meals for as long as your Consultant recommends you stay following your procedure (to a maximum of 7 nights);
• All nursing care during and following your surgery/treatment/procedure;
• All charges relating to theatre operations;
• All pre-admission tests (including a pre-admission Covid-19 test);
• All tests, dressings, garments, medication you require during your stay in the Hospital/Clinic as a result of the surgery/treatment/procedure (excluding any medication you already take for pre-existing conditions);
• All Hospital/Clinic services including the equipment and facilities required for your surgery/treatment/procedure;
• All supplies and materials required for your surgery/treatment/procedure including any prosthesis set out in Aspen Healthcare’s pre-agreed prosthesis list as determined by your Consultant;
• All diagnostic imaging and physiotherapy you may require during your stay in the Hospital/Clinic when having your surgery/treatment/procedure;
• All medications you require as prescribed by your Consultant for up to 7 days following your discharge from the Hospital/Clinic;
• All clinically necessary support required as determined by your Consultant following surgery/treatment/procedure in relation to your confirmed inclusive package price procedure
• All items deemed necessary by your Consultant for home aid of your recovery in relation to your confirmed inclusive package price procedure
• One follow-up appointment with your Consultant following your surgery/treatment/procedure as directed by your Consultant; unless stated otherwise in your clinic letter from your Consultant
• Physiotherapy sessions as indicated in your Clinic Letter as determined by your Consultant and/or physiotherapist (up to a maximum of 6 sessions)
• Any clinically necessary diagnostic imaging and pathology as determined by your Consultant following your surgery/treatment/procedure in relation to your confirmed inclusive package price procedure
• Any nursing care directly related to your surgical treatment/procedure as advised by your Consultant
• Treatment for any clinical complications or revision surgery as determined by your Consultant.
Complications arising from the surgery/treatment/procedure and requiring revision surgery for up to 3 months after you have been discharged. Your case will be reviewed by our clinical team prior to approval for this to be treated as part of the Self-Pay Inclusive Package;
• Additional services to make you feel especially welcome may include free wifi, loan of a tablet device, newspapers, telephone calls and certain applicable food and beverages for your visiting family and friends to be consumed during visiting hours (as identified at the Hospital or Clinic).
• Following your surgery/treatment/procedure, your Self-Pay Inclusive Package includes up to sixty days post-operative care (directly related to your surgery/treatment/procedure) as clinically deemed by your Consultant, provided that your post-operative care is delivered by your Consultant in the Hospital/Clinic where initial treatment took place (this is up to 150 days for cosmetic procedures). The post-operative care provided is on the basis that you have followed the advice of your Consultant and other healthcare professionals involved in your care or treatment, including post-discharge instructions. If you have not followed the advice of your Consultant and this results in additional post-operative care being required as a result, this will not be included in the Self-Pay Inclusive Package. The decision as to whether a complication is related to the procedure or your failure to follow the advice of your Consultant rests with your Consultant or healthcare professional.
The following items are not included in your Self-Pay Inclusive Package and will be charged for in addition to the Package Price:
• Your initial consultation with your Consultant. The price of your initial consultation with your Consultant will be determined and independently set by your Consultant and will be payable by you prior to your initial consultation
• Any care aspects noted within your Clinic Letter from your Consultant specific to your clinical care outside of the standard care pathway for your procedure
• Any medication or drugs which are outside of the standard clinical care pathways for your procedure which are specific to your individual care needs (for the avoidance of doubt, this will include any medication you already take for pre-existing conditions)
• Any care out with the Hospital/Clinic in which you are having your Self-Pay Inclusive Package
Personal transportation to and from the hospital/clinic via Uber Health and/or another taxi provider
• Any large home aid items out with standard clinical care pathways for your Self-Pay Inclusive Package
• Any additional night’s stay at the Hospital at your request
• Any revision surgery not considered a direct complication of your original treatment under the Self-Pay Inclusive Package i.e. wear and tear/life of an implant or where pre and post-operative instructions have not been followed.
To book this procedure, call us on
Terms & Conditions
Please see our Terms and Conditions for a full list of what is included and not included in our inclusive self pay packages.