Dr Ben Huntley
Consultant Pain Physician
Main NHS base:
Barking, Havering & Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Cancer pain
- Interventional Pain Management
- Multidisciplinary Pain Management
- Occipital nerve block
- Sphenopalatine ganglion block
- Cervical medial branch block
- Cervical medial branch radiofrequency neurotomy (facet joint denervation)
- Cervical epidural steroid injection
- Cervical root block / dorsal root ganglion pulsed radio frequency
- Stellate ganglion block
- Suprascapular nerve pulsed radiofrequency
- Shoulder joint and bursa injections
- Splanchnic nerve block
- Splanchnic nerve radiofrequency neurotomy
- Superior hypogastric plexus block/neurolysis
- Ganglion impar block
- Pudendal nerve block
- Genitofemoral nerve block
- Ilioinguinal nerve pulsed radiofrequency
- Ilioinguinal nerve block
- Abdominal cutaneous nerve injection/rectus sheath block
- Thoracic medial branch radiofrequency neurotomy (facet joint denervation)
- Thoracic nerve root pulsed radiofrequency
- Thoracic transforaminal epidural steroid injection
Low Back Pain
- Lumbar facet joint injections
- Lumbar medial branch blocks
- Lumbar medial branch radiofrequency neurotomy (facet joint denervation)
- Sacroiliac joint injection
- Sacroiliac joint denervation
- Lumbar/sacral transforaminal epidural steroid injection
- Lumbar/sacral dorsal root ganglion pulsed radiofrequency
- Lumbar sympathetic block
- Lumbar chemical sympathectomy
- Piriformis block
- Hip joint injection
- Trochanteric bursa injection
- Genicular nerve block
- Genicular radiofrequency neurotomy
- Scar injection
- Scar pulsed radiofrequency
Training & background:
Dr Huntley studied medicine at the University of Birmingham where he was awarded the Arthur Thompson Special Prize for his research. He completed his training in Pain Medicine and Anaesthesia at the Bristol School of Anaesthesia where he won the Head of School Award for Outstanding Achievement for his community work.
He is now employed as a Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthesia at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust where he is responsible for leading the modernisation of the Pain Service, recruitment of a multidisciplinary pain management team and development of a Pain Management Programme.
At BHR he has also worked with consultant colleagues in Palliative Care to develop a referral pathway for patients requiring interventional pain treatments in the management of their complex cancer pain and has worked with consultant colleagues in Haematology to develop a multidisciplinary approach to patients with complex pain management needs related to their sickle cell disease.
He also has interests in the interventional management of spinal pain and shoulder pain, multidisciplinary management of pain and the development of pain services.
Dr Huntley is married with three children and plays golf badly in his leisure time.
Personal website address:
- World Institute of Pain
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Want to book an appointment?
Call us on:
020 8936 1201
F: 020 8502 9735
Are you insured?
The Holly Private Hospital is recognised by all the major medical insurers and as a private patient you will enjoy the benefits of our Premium+ service.
Find out more
We offer rapid access to care at competitive prices for patients choosing to pay for their own treatment as well our Premium+ service.
Find out more