Dr Anil Taneja
QualificationsBSc MBBS FRCP [Uk-Lond] FRCP [Ire] FRCPE MSc [card-distn] MD FESC
Main NHS base:
Whipps Cross University Hospital [Barts NHS Trust]
General Cardiology, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Hypertension, Heart Failure, Syncope and Falls, General Medicine, Acute Medicine, Palpitations, Chest Pain, Breathlessness, Cardiovascular prevention, Hypercholesterolaemia. Specialities and expertise - Cardiology and Internal Medicine.
Training & background:
- Dr Taneja completed basic training [SHO rotation from Sept 1995 until Jan 1999] in Medicine at the Oxfordshire Deanery. Meanwhile he achieved an MRCP from the UK and MRCP from Ireland.
- He completed higher specialist training from 1999 - 2009 at the London Deanery. He then completed an MSc in Cardiology at the Imperial College [NHLI] with a distinction, followed by MD from Royal Brompton Hospital [Imperial College, London Univ] .
- Dr Taneja has made various presentations at national and International cardiology society meetings [British, American and European] and published articles in various peer review journals and wrote book chapters [acute coronary syndrome].
- He obtained full accreditation in Echocardiography both by British society of Echocardiography and also by European Association of cardiovascular imaging.
- He completed level 2 cardiac CT Training and is an accrediated member of British Society of Cardiac Imaging and the Society of Cardiac CT in the USA.
- He also completed an advanced course in nuclear cardiology at Imperial College [Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospital].
- Dr Taneja enjoys teaching and was the Director of MRCP Paces course of PASTEST. He is presently Examiner of MRCP paces Examination for Royal College of Physicians-London.
Dr Taneja worked as consultant looking after the high dependency unit and CCU at Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College NHS Trust. He moved to Whipps Cross University Hospital [Barts NHS Trust] in 2010 as a Consultant in Cardiology and Acute Medicine.
He is also a Lead in the Clinical Improvement group (CIG) [clinical governance] for Cardiology Dept at Whipps Cross Hospital and was previously the lead for CIG for acute medicine.
- European Society of Cardiologists
- British Cardiac Society
- Royal Colleges of Physicians [London, Edinburgh and Ireland]
- British society of Echocardiography
- European Association of Cardiac Imaging
- Society of Cardiac CT [USA]
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc