Mr Mohamed Ahmed
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
QualificationsSpecialist in Trauma and Orthopaedics
Main NHS base:
Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
Trauma and orthopaedics with a special interest in spinal surgery.
Mr Ahmed has specialist interest in degenerative conditions of the spine, spinal deformity trauma, infections and tumours of the spine.
Mr Ahmed carries out the following procedures:
- Endoscopic Lumbar spine Discectomy
- Microdiscectomy for Lumbar disc prolapse
- Spinal decompression for spinal stenosis
- Cervical Disc replacement
- Anterior cervical discectomy with fusion (ACDF)
- Lumbar fusion (including posterior and intervertebral PLIF, TLIF and XLIF)
- Inter-spinous process spacers, cement augmentation (kyphoplasty or vertebroplasty) for osteoporotic fractures or spinal tumours and stabilisation for trauma or tumours
- Spinal injections
- Caudal Epidural injection
- Sacroiliac joint injection and stabilization
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery including percutaneous pedicle screws and extreme lateral interbody fusion.
Training & background:
I completed my basic surgical training, and carried out my specialist registrar training Trauma and Orthopaedics in Norway. I undertook spinal fellowship at Cardiff University Hospital where I gained an excellent surgical experience across the full range of spinal procedures.
I practice at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow where I am actively involved in the development and expansion of the spinal unit. I have published in peer review journals and presented at national and international meetings. I am actively involved in teaching medical students.
- The Norwegian Medical Association
- BASS British Association of Spinal Surgeons
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
The Holly Private Hospital is recognised by all the major medical insurers and as a private patient you will enjoy the benefits of our Premium+ service.
Find out more
We offer rapid access to care at competitive prices for patients choosing to pay for their own treatment as well our Premium+ service.
Find out more