Mr Amit Sinha
Consultant General Surgeon
QualificationsMBBS MS (Gen Surgery) FRCS
Languages spoken:English and Hindi
Main NHS base:
Barts Health NHS Trust (Newham University Hospital)
- Hernia Surgery – Open & Laparoscopic
- Gallstone / Gallbladder surgery
- Rectal Bleeding
- Treatment of haemorrhoids including THD procedure
- Treatment for Anal Canal Fissures & Anal Canal Fistulas
- Surgery for Pilonidal Sinus
- Colonoscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Upper GI Endoscopy
Fees, Training & Background:
Consultants set their own fees for a consultation. To find out how much Mr Amit Sinha charges for a consultation, please visit their profile on the PHIN website here
Qualified from Patna University, India in 1989. After a period of extensive training in India, he qualified as a General Surgeon in 1993. Came to the UK in 1996 and obtained GMC Specialist Registration in General Surgery in 2006. Working as a NHS Consultant in General Surgery since 2006.
Particular expertise in Laparoscopic Procedures – Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and Laparoscopic Hernia surgery.
Fellowship in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery in the Department of Colorectal Surgery, Singapore General Hospital with Prof. Eu Kong Weng – Hands on training in laparoscopic management of both benign and malignant colorectal disease and anal canal conditions. Particular interest in the management of rectal bleeding, haemorrhoids, anal canal fissures and anal canal fistulas.
JAG (Joint Advisory Group on Gastrointestinal Endoscopy) accreditation, for independent specialist practice in the modalities of gastro-duodenoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy.
Personal website address:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- British Association of Day Surgery
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
Are you insured?
The Holly Private Hospital is recognised by all the major medical insurers and as a private patient you will enjoy the benefits of our premium service.
Find out more
Patients who wish to pay for their own consultation and treatment can book a self-pay appointment today.
Find out more