Dr Timothy Watts
Consultant Physician in Adult Allergy
QualificationsBSc (Hons), MBBS, MRCP (UK)
Main NHS base:
Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Allergic Rhinitis (i.e. pollen, animal, mould and dust allergy)
- Atopic Asthma (i.e. testing for inhalant drivers of asthma)
- Food Allergy
- Drug Allergy
- Latex Allergy
- Contact Dermatitis (skin allergy)
- Venom Allergy
- Chronic Urticaria & Angioedema (recurrent ‘hives or ‘wheals’)
- Atopic Eczema (i.e. testing for food drivers of eczema).
Please note Dr Watts will see patients from age 16 onwards.
Allergy tests performed by Dr Watts include skin prick testing and patch testing. All allergy tests are charged separately and in addition to the clinic consultation charges.
Fees, Training & Background:
Dr Watts is a Consultant Physician in Adult Allergy. His substantive consultant post is based at Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, where he leads the drug allergy service.
Dr Watts qualified from Barts and The London Medical School and later completed dedicated higher specialty training in Adult Allergy within Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, the largest training centre in the UK for adult allergists. He is entered on the GMC Specialist Register for Allergy and is one of only a small number of Consultant Physicians in the UK with this qualification and specialist accreditation.
Dr Watts has extensive experience in all aspects of allergic disease, with specialist clinical and research interests in drug allergy and cutaneous allergy (patch testing), having published and presented extensively in these fields at an international level.
Dr Watts was previously awarded a competitive NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship in Allergy and achieved a Certificate of Excellence in the EAACI Knowledge Examination in Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
Dr Watts is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London, where he leads the Allergic Skin Disease Module, part of the internationally renowned MSc Allergy course. He frequently teaches and supervises both undergraduate students and postgraduate trainees and sits on the Specialty Training Committee for Allergy & Immunology (London Deanery).
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP London)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical protection society
- British Society for Allergy & Clinical Immunology (BSACI)
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI)