Dr Sudeep Tanwar
Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
QualificationsMBBS (London) MRCP (UK) MRCP (London) FEBGH PhD (UCL)
Main NHS base:
- Minimally-invasive Testing
- Advanced Endoscopy including OGD, Colonoscopy, ERCP, Removal of Polyps, Enteral Stenting, Dilatation, Variceal Banding, Botox Injection
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Barrett’s Oesophagus
- Reflux and Dyspepsia
- Coeliac Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Abnormal Liver Function Tests
- Bile Duct Stones
- Obstructive Jaundice
- Non-operative management of Gallbladder disease
Training & background:
- Dr Tanwar qualified from Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospital Medical School in 2001 and is on the GMC specialist register as a consultant in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Internal Medicine.
- In 2014, he was appointed as a Consultant Gastroenterologist with a specialist interest in HPB medicine and interventional endoscopy at Barts Health NHS Trust. Dr Tanwar is also an honorary consultant at the Royal Free Hospital London.
- Dr Tanwar completed his specialist Gastroenterology training in London during which he trained at numerous centres of excellence including University College Hospital, St. Mary’s Hospital, King’s College Hospital and the Royal Free Hospital. In the penultimate year of his training he was selected in open national competition for the London Deanery Advanced Hepatology Fellowship.
- During his specialist training, Dr Tanwar also undertook a 4-year PhD research fellowship within the division of medicine at University College London. He has published widely in peer reviewed international journals and textbooks with more than 30 publications to his credit on a broad range of subjects such as diagnostic testing, HPB medicine, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, anaemia and gastrointestinal malignancy.
- Alongside his expertise in minimally-invasive diagnostic techniques, Dr Tanwar also performs complex endoscopic procedures such as enteral stenting and ERCP. He also has the largest experience in the UK of endoscopic gallbladder stenting as a non-operative procedure for symptomatic gallbladder disease (endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder stenting).
- In addition, Dr Tanwar has performed several ‘first in the world’ endoscopic procedures using pioneering techniques.
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Association for the Study of Liver Disease
- British Medical Association
- General Medical Council
- European Board of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
The Holly Private Hospital is recognised by all the major medical insurers and as a private patient you will enjoy the benefits of our premium service.
Find out more
Patients who wish to pay for their own consultation and treatment can book a self-pay appointment today.
Find out more