Dr Sandy Gupta
Main NHS base:
All aspects of clinical cardiology, echocardiography, Coronary Artery Disease, invasive coronary angiography and pacemakers.
Training and Background
Dr Gupta has been a Consultant Cardiologist at Whipps Cross and St Bartholomew’s Hospitals since 1999. He completed his undergraduate medical degree at St George’s Hospital Medical School in 1988, and his clinical training in Cardiology has included posts at St Bartholomew’s, King’s College and St. George’s Hospitals.
Dr Gupta has been involved in the research area of ‘inflammation and heart disease’ and was awarded a British Heart Foundation (BHF) research fellowship. He is also the author of text books, numerous published papers, editorials and several book chapters. Dr Gupta has also delivered over 250 invited guest lectures in major scientific symposia in over 60 different countries worldwide.
Dr Gupta is also involved in several projects with the NHS London/Olympics 2012 Health Legacy. He has also given several voluntary and community talks on heart disease awareness.
- Trustee for Education for Health, UK
- Member of BHF Prevention and Care Committee
- Associate Clinical Lead NE London Cardiac and Stroke Network
- Chair of Clinical guidelines and Goverance Committee, NE London Cardiac and Stroke Network Committee
- Chair and Trustee of Whipps Cross Medical Education and Research Trust