Cancer symptom management
The symptoms of cancer vary greatly from one person to another but may include things like feeling sick, pain, tiredness, anxiety and/or loss of appetite. Not everyone will have these symptoms however.
Our multi-disciplinary team work in partnership to provide you with the highest standards of cancer care and to help you manage the symptoms associated with cancer and your cancer treatment.
As part of their role, our specialist cancer nurses will:
- carry out a thorough assessments of your symptoms
- work closely with your consultant oncologists to ensure they have accurate and up-to-date patient information
- provide information on treatments
- support you in managing the emotional, physical and psychological effects of your illness
- liaise with other healthcare professionals in the hospital including pharmacists, dieticians, physiotherapists, pain management specialists, psychologists, and radiographers/radiologists
- offer emotional support.
Our experienced and caring nursing team will help support you with all the symptoms of your cancer.