Professor Devesh Misra
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon & Urologist
QualificationsFRCS, M Ch (Paed-Surg)
Main NHS base:
The most common referrals to Mr Misra are:
- General – various lumps and bumps, inguinal hernias, hydrocele, umbilical hernia, pre-auricular sinus, auricular tags
- Plastics – accessory fingers and toes, haemangiomas and birthmarks
- Urology – bedwetting, urine infections, undescended testes, tight foreskins requiring circumcision, hypospadias, renal disorders, varicocoele, hydronephrosis
- Gastroenterology – appendicitis, tummy pain, vomiting and gastric reflux, constipation, soiling,
- Antenatally diagnosed conditions like hydronephrosis, duplex kidneys, diaphragmatic hernia, intestinal obstruction, single kidney
- Scrotal fixation- a new approach for undescended testes.
Training & background:
Mr Misra trained in Paediatric Surgery at Nottingham and the prestigious Hospital for Sick Children, Great Ormond Street. His research thesis on “DNA ploidy in Wilms’ tumour” remains the largest study published on the subject till date.
In l995, at the age of 33, he was appointed to the Royal London Hospital as a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon & Urologist, the youngest ever in his speciality. He has special interest in Neonatal Surgery, GI surgery and Paediatric Urology.
He has the unique distinction of having described a new surgical operation – Surface Umbilical Pyloromyotomy -published in Eur J Paed-Surgery. Over 800 cases have been performed to date.
He started a new protocol for managing infants with antenatally diagnosed hydronephrosis which is now followed by all hospitals in east London and Essex. He has one of the world’s biggest single surgeon series in complex Scrotal hypospadias.
Personal website address:
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc